In This Issue
Welcome To The
FREE Real Estate Seminars Coming Up
FREE MLS Online Search For A San Diego or Riverside Home
True Story: Not Your Average
Positive Cashflow Apartments With No Management Hassles?
Cities With Priciest Homes 2005
FREE DVD: How To Sell Your Home &
- Which of the 5 strategies works
best for YOUR needs
(800)748-1340 to have your FREE Guide sent to you via mail.
Recorded message. Call 24 hours/day, 7
days/week. The guide should arrive at your home within 72 hours.
Send This Free Newsletter To A Friend
to email your questions, comments, compliments, corrections,
critiques, & rebuttals to
FREE SEMINAR February 1 / Wednesday 6-8PM
There's a "Perfect Storm" of three unique trends shaping now to May 1st as the ideal time to buy a San Diego condo or townhome UNDER MARKET. Will you miss out or take advantage? Come learn almost everything you need to know before you purchase a condo or townhome! At this seminar, You'll Discover:
- Why people say RIGHT NOW may be your golden window of
opportunity to buy a condo at the LOWEST PRICE
February 1 / Wednesday 6-8PM
build your wealth through real estate? Want a hands-off investment
with appreciation and consistent positive cashflow? Sound too good
to be true? I've found a great investment opportunity that I'm
personally investing in, as have several of my clients. If you have
$100,000 to $5,000,000 to invest and want to find out more. . .
FREE SEMINAR March 1 / Wednesday 6-8PM
San Diego market has morphed from a sizzling seller’s market into a
cooler buyer’s market. If you’re thinking of selling your home or
investment property in 2006, you need to attend this free seminar.
"Hi Gary. I’m thinking of buying a home and I’m trying to decide where. Don’t you think that all neighborhoods in San Diego tend to appreciate at the same rate over the long run?"
Recent such events include Petco Park improving western Logan Heights, the 52 extension improving access to Santee, and revitalization improving City Heights. Smaller events such as new schools, new shopping centers, etc., also have some impact.
Possible future events could be a new or relocated airport, a new Chargers stadium, military base closings or expansions, etc.
It can pay to read to keep track of local proposals, controversies, and other goings on.
planning to sell our home. We’ve done a beautiful remodel inside
our home, but our front porch is shabby. From reading your
newsletter we know how important a good first impression is. Can
you give us ideas to improve it that won’t cost a too much?"
1. Paint or replace the front door
should be a bargain compared to the many extra hundreds or thousands
of dollars you'll get for your home, as well as a quicker sale.
“Hi Gary, Great newsletter as usual...however, my tax guy told me that the IRS recently changed the law re: 1031 exchanges. He said if you exchange a rental property into another rental property, you now have to rent that property out for FIVE years before you can move into it. I'll double-check, but thought you'd like to know. If it is still one year, I'll be really happy!”
Congratulations, you’re about to become really happy!
When you acquire a property in a 1031 exchange, the IRS wants you to “intend” to hold it as an investment for the foreseeable future. As the IRS can’t read your mind (for now), most CPAs will advise you to rent out a property you’ve acquired via 1031 exchange for one to two years before you move into it. They say this shows your “intent” to hold it as an investment property.
Here’s what your tax guy was referring to:
The IRS issued new regulations about a year ago saying that if you acquire a property in a 1031 exchange and convert it to a principal residence, you must own it 5 years before you use IRS Section 121 rules to SELL it as your principal residence and exclude up to 500K in capital gains (250K for singles).Of course, please check (or double-check) with your tax professional.
- Clairemont - Cute 2BR townhouse-style condo in the $300's.
More info to follow . . . Contact Me
- La Jolla – Newly redone 2BR/2BA condo, heart of downtown La Jolla—walk to all. Marble, granite. 675-750K Contact Me
- Pacific Beach - Large 5BR/3BA house on culdesac. Has family room, bonus room, 2 FPL, 3-car garage, & more! Price TBD Contact Me
- Serra Mesa - 3BR/2BA home w/ dbl-garage on dead end street. Should be just over 500K+. Contact Me
NEWLY LISTED (Your
- Normal Heights Neighborhood
Pristine model-like 1BR condo w/patio,
beautiful kitchen w/ granite counters & maple cabinets.
MORE GREAT HOMES & INVESTMENTS (Your Home Here!)
- SOLD/Carlsbad -PROBATE SALE! 1500 sqft fixer house w/ valley views. Quiet street. Priced BELOW MARKET @ $615,000. Contact Me
- Clairemont - Enjoy canyon views & breezes! W. Clairemont 4R/2BA home w/ dbl garage & basement. Reduced: 499-530K Contact Me
Gorgeous redone townhome: dbl garage, fam rm, FPL, remod kitch, huge
patio, no HOA fees for 6mo's! 440K-485K
SOLD/La Jolla -
3BR/2BA 1-level home on quiet street. Large lush private bkyd,
redone kitch & BAs, valley vu, tennis! 720-750K
- SOLD/Oceanside - Newer 5BR/3BA, 2344 sqft home w/ family room, sunny just-remodeled kitchen, Saltillo tile. Reduced: 560-615K! Contact Me
- Pacific Beach - Development Opportunity! Redone 3BR home w/ room to build 2 condos. Resell or hold for income. 775-850K Contact Me
- Phoenix, AZ - 30
apartments, large 3BR & 2BR units, well-maintained complex, Mesa
area. Do a condo conversion? $2.1M.
- Pt. Loma - Point Loma Tennis Club ground-floor corner unit w/ remodeled bath. Big rooms. Looks like a model! 275-300K! Contact Me
- San Carlos - Cute 1BR condo w/ greenbelt view on a quiet culdesac. Incl new paint, frig, walk-in closet. Reduced: 210-233K Contact Me
- University City
- Striking 2004 full remodel 3414sqft home: 1/2-acre culdesac lot,
flowing floorplan, vivid colors. 988K-1.15M
- Vista - Private, secluded, hilltop home with 4br/3ba, 3000sqft, big lot, garage, & more: 770-795K Contact Me
Call me at (858)457-KENT to find out more or arrange a private showing . . .
Thanks again Ray & Gloria, for referring your daughter to me...
Have a great week . . .
"The Agent You See EVERYWHERE"
All-Time #1 Agent/Team In San Diego County for RE/MAX
21 Years Experience -- 3,000+ Homes Sold
Gary Kent Team --- RE/MAX Associates
(858)457-KENT --- (858)457-5368GaryK@GaryKent.com -- www.GaryKent.com